Effective Date: 24 December 2020
Last Updated: 24 December 2020
This website is owned and operated by Your Personalized Health, LLC (“Omic”). This Privacy Notice describes what information we collect, how we collect information, the steps we take to protect your information, and what we do with the information that we collect on our website http://www.omic.io/. We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time, and the changes are effective upon posting. Please review our Privacy Notice regularly. If you do not agree to the changes, please discontinue your use of the website.
If you are a resident of California, please refer to our California Privacy Notice for further information about California specific practices for the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA).
If you are using the Omic services while a resident in the European Union, European Economic Area, the United Kingdom, or Switzerland, this notice does not apply. Please refer to the Omic GDPR Privacy Notice.
If you have difficulty using or accessing any element of this website, please contact us and we will work with you to provide the information, item, or transaction you seek through a communication method that is accessible for you consistent with applicable law, for example, through telephone support.
Information We Collect
When using our website, you may voluntarily provide information about yourself. We collect this information when you contact us through our website, create an account, place orders, or interact with us for any other purpose. We may collect the following personal information from you:
- Contact information such as name, email address, mailing address, and phone number;
- Billing information such as payment card number and billing address;
- Unique identifiers such as user name, account number, and password;
- Preference information such as order history, and marketing preferences;
- Account information including shipping address, delivery instructions, contact names;
- Information associated with your inquiries to us such as email/fax/postal correspondence and chat box discussions;
- Information associated with your website transactions with us, our affiliates, or others such as screen shots and audit logs;
- Information associated with your transactions with non-affiliated third-parties that you might reveal in your communications with our Wellness Specialists, such as your test results and dietary needs;
- Recruitment related data such as your curriculum vitae, your education and employment history, details of professional memberships and other information relevant to potential recruitment to Omic;
- Data that you may provide to us in the course of registering for and attending programs, events or meetings, including access and dietary requirements; and
- Any other personal data relating to you that you may provide.
See the “Digital Advertising & Analytics” section of this Privacy Notice to learn more about the use of this information and the choices available to you.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We may also collect certain non-personally identifiable information via the website, such as website usage activity and preferences, also known as profile or demographic data, the type of browser used by a visitor, the web page from which you came, and the operating system running the user’s connections to the service. This data is not linked to you. This helps us make the website as useful as possible.
The website uses small files called “cookies,” which are pieces of information that your browser receives from websites and stores on your computer’s hard drive. For additional information regarding cookies, please see our Cookies Statement.
How We Use Your Information
The information we receive allows us to tailor our product offers and improve your shopping and browsing experience. It also enables us to process your purchases, confirm your orders, customize the content and layout of our pages, notify you about updates to our website and products, and provide you with marketing information. We may use your information for any lawful purpose, including the following:
- To create and maintain your account;
- To process and fulfill your orders, including to send you emails to confirm your order status and provide other related communications;
- To respond to your inquiries;
- To provide products and services you request, including to provide publications to which you subscribe;
- To operate, personalize, and improve the website, including for analytics purposes;
- To send promotions and marketing materials that may be of interest to you;
- For advertising purposes;
- For our other business purposes, such as research, payment processing, and operational purposes;
- To comply with the law and to maintain the security of our website; or
- With your consent, or as otherwise disclosed at the time information is collected.
How We Share Data
We may enter into relationships with different categories of third parties such as third-party service providers with affiliates, joint marketing partners, advertisers, or other companies that provide products or services that we believe may be of interest to you. In order to do so, we may share information like your name and postal address so you can receive the materials.
We may share the information we collect with other parties, including the following:
- Our affiliate vendors, consultants, agents, contractors, and other service providers that we use to support our business;
- To operate, maintain, and improve our websites;
- To fulfill your orders;
- Other companies to send you information about their products and services that may be relevant to you;
- As part of a corporate sale, merger, or acquisition, or other transfer of all or part of our assets, or other corporate change affecting our website, including as part of a bankruptcy proceeding;
- Pursuant to a subpoena, court order, governmental inquiry, or other legal process or as otherwise required by law, or to protect our rights or the rights of third parties;
- With your consent or as otherwise disclosed at the time of data collection or sharing.
We may share information that has been anonymized or aggregated without limitation.
Digital Advertising & Analytics
We may partner with ad networks and other ad-serving providers (“Advertising Providers”) who serve ads on our behalf and others on non-affiliated sites. Some of those ads may be personalized, meaning that they are intended to be relevant to you based on information Advertising Providers collect about your visits to this website and elsewhere over time. You may visit www.aboutads.info to learn more about this type of advertising and how to opt-out of this form of advertising by companies participating in the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) self-regulatory program. Note that electing to opt-out will not stop advertising from appearing in your browser or applications. It may make the ads you see less relevant to your interests. In addition, note that if you use a different browser or erase cookies from your browser, you may need to renew your opt-out choice.
Omic uses Google Analytics and other third-party services to improve the performance of the website and for analytics and marketing purposes. For more information about how Google Analytics collects and uses data when you use our website, visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/, and to opt-out of Google Analytics, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
Third-Party Links & Tools
Our website may contain links to websites outside our control. This Privacy Notice does not cover any personal information that you provide to the owner of a third-party website, and we are not responsible for the privacy practices of these external websites. Please be aware that other websites operate under their own privacy policies and that these websites may collect your personal information. We encourage you to review the privacy statements on the websites you visit.
Your Choices About Your Information
Account Information and Settings
You control your account information and settings. You may update your profile information, such as your name, mailing address, and phone number, by logging in to your account at omic.io.
Modifying or Deleting Your Information
If you have any questions about reviewing, modifying, or deleting your information, or if you want to remove your name or comments from our website or publicly displayed content, you can contact us directly at email@example.com. We may not be able to modify or delete your information in all circumstances.
Email Communications Preferences
From time to time, we may send you emails regarding updates to our service or information about products we offer that we think may be of interest to you. Omic correspondences offer recipients an unsubscribe link to opt-out of future marketing mailings, or you may opt-out here. However, if you opt-out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your purchase or account.
Marketing SMS Text Messaging Preferences
From time to time, we may offer an invitation for you to opt-in to receive text messages from us on your mobile device. If you have subscribed to our Marketing SMS text messaging program, you can opt-out of receiving promotional SMS text messages at any time. To unsubscribe from promotional SMS texts from Marketing SMS texts, you can text the letters STOP in response to a text you receive from us from the Marketing program.
For choices with respect to third party interest-based advertising activities, please see the “Digital Advertising & Analytics” section above.